Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the worlds first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry & inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the job:
The Team Lead is responsible for managing workflow assignments in a specific department within a fulfillment & distribution environment. They assist management with safety, production, cost & quality all while driving a positive employee experience. A Team Lead is a servant leader; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy & compassion for associates, & the passion & leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies
- Assist Operations Managers with the assignment of daily work responsibilities including allocating labor, leading shift start-up meetings & communicating with other departments
- Quickly recognize, diagnose & solve workflow challenges for associates & partner with leadership to resolve issues as needed
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost & quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Be patient, have strong communication skills & the capability to give & receive effective feedback (eg. timely daily feedback in a training capacity, not disciplinary discussion)
- Communicate cross-departmentally
- Implement & monitor continuous improvement processes for the team
- Continue the onboarding process & ramp-up period post training
- Support teams through change & embrace continuous improvement
- Partner with trainers & leadership to maintain & apply learning tools
- You have an education beyond high school & prior experience leading teams is a plus
- You have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as the business dictates
- You have strong written & verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- You have intermediate computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- You are a forward thinker with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges & workflow for associates in partnership with leadership
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's core values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.