About the team
The R&D Team is at the heart of product creation for all of our global brands. Our team is composed of engineers, chemists, materials scientists, product researchers, technicians, program managers, & more. We work cross-functionally to develop insightful, innovative products that fulfill the unmet, sometimes unspoken, needs of our customers.
Hard Products R&D is the engine behind our core shaving business, developing razors, handles, & accessories; plus anything made from metal or plastic, in any product category.
About the role
As a Lab Technician you will be a part of the Hard Product R&D team, working under the direction of the Senior Reliability Engineer. The primary focus of the team is on the development of new products & technologies, & the improvement of existing products. You will provide technical support to the Product Design Engineering & Engineering Implementation groups through testing in the R&D lab.
What you will accomplish
- Test, measure, characterize, & evaluate products, components, & prototypes using standard & custom instrumentation.
- Assist the engineers in developing test methods, fixtures, & procedures in a lab environment
- Work with the R&D team to assemble, measure, & characterize test products
- Assist leadership teams with lab operations & planning
- Prepare samples for consumer testing
- Create thorough & detailed reports to key stakeholders & maintain test documentation
This should describe you
- Ability to understand verbal & written technical instructions
- Detail-oriented approach to work - you strive for accuracy & completeness
- Ability to own & execute work independently
- Experience working with & maintaining sensitive instrumentation
- Critical thinker with the ability to solve unexpected problems
- Great communicator - Can summarize & present data in an understandable way.
- Have a no task too small, or repetitive attitude
- Have an aptitude & enthusiasm for doing hands-on work; good manual dexterity & ability to work with a variety of tools
- Willingness, enthusiasm, & flexibility to help teammates as urgent needs arise
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer
- Member of the Hard Product R&D Innovation team
- Work with Product Design Engineers, Product Researchers, Materials Scientists, Program Managers, Process/Manufacturing Engineers (Engineering Implementation Group), & Quality Engineers & Technicians
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.