About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Role
Rent the Runway is seeking a Senior Social Media Marketing Manager to join our growing Brand Marketing & Content team. This role will lead the social strategy, content creation & direction of social media marketing & community engagement across existing & new social channels for the brand, including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest & more. This roles mission is to effectively communicate the Rent the Runway brand, products & services across key social channels through original, multimedia content to rapidly grow our social audience. This position is part of the Marketing team & reports to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing & Content. This person should have proven experience operating & performing social media strategy & accounts in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing company environment.
The ideal candidate is an experienced professional with a passion for knowing what will resonate socially, get ahead of what's trending, & a knack for responding to trending cultural moments in real time across key social platforms. Ultimately, you are a strategic, creative & analytical thinker who will plan & optimize creative programming while overseeing all social initiatives to ensure engagement, growth, brand consistency & increased web traffic & acquisition. Responsibilities will also include analyzing metrics across all platforms to report on performance & recommendations for optimizations.
What Youll Do
Design & oversee social media strategy to align with business goals & brand growth
- Direct social strategy, working with teams to implement across social channels
- Build brand awareness on social media platforms
- Manage social calendars & cross-channel publishing schedules
- Develop original franchises that bring our brand strategy to life
- Collaborate closely with key partners & stakeholders across Marketing/Creative
Manage social media team, channels & day-to-day activities including:
- Lead a team & contribute to individual performance, while coaching & empowering them
- Generate, edit & analyze content (original text, images, video, graphics, etc) that builds meaningful connections & encourages community members
- Optimize & maintain company pages within each social media platform
- Curate, brief & edit user-generated content in line
- Track & document Social budget on an on-going basis
- Oversee social analytics tool usage & implementation
- Partner with CX leadership to manage Social CX Team who lead customer engagement on social across (1) resolution & (2) engagement.
Optimize social channels to increase follower growth & reach of social channels
- Ownership of all analytics & reporting across every social channel; responsible for identifying trends, outlining key learnings & recommendations
- Improve organizational development aspects that would improve content
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI) on a consistent basis
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience running social media, digital or content strategy across multiple platforms for a fashion, retail or lifestyle brand
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of social media platforms, social audiences & how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios with creativity
- Proven track record with creative content production & campaign development
- Familiar with fast-paced, tech-driven creative & marketing environments
- Excellent written, verbal communication & presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience setting up / optimizing processes aimed at improving workflow
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships
- Fluent in content production workflow, especially planning, tracking & management
- Experience partnering with leadership & true understanding of Marketing & Creative teams
- Highly collaborative self-starter, driven by creative excellence with a finely tuned aesthetic sense
- Prior experience and/or passion for the fashion or rental industry is a plus
- Bachelors degree
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.