At VillageMD, we're looking for a Patient Reception Specialist to help us transform the way primary care is delivered & how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies & support. Inspiring them with better practices & consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven & patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, & never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Patient Reception Specialist will partner with our Village Medical Practice Administrator to ensure easy, efficient, & service-oriented check-in & check-out process at the practice.
Could this be you?
- This individual will be responsible for patient registration, check-in & check-out as well as answering calls, creating patient encounters, scheduling appointments. He/she will ensure accurate data entry in necessary practice systems as well as filing insurance claims & patient account follow up. He/she will also be accountable for regular reporting requests that support practice operations & appropriate patient communication.
How you can make a difference
- Greets all patients & visitors in a professional & welcoming manner.
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, drivers license, authorizations, referrals & other required appointment documentation & appropriately saves them in practice EMR.
- Performs demographic & insurance validation, and informs patient of privacy policies & procedures.
- Adheres to practice & regulatory mandates around maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Effectively communicates unexpected schedule delays to patients & assists with patient comfort should delays arise.
- Appropriately prepares for day in accordance with practice schedules including reviewing Patient Eligibility & Phone report, preparing new patient paperwork & scanning into EMR upon patient presentation.
- In partnership with Patient Reception team, reviews & complies required Patient Notes & Appointment Notes along to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Receives practice deliveries & follows designated protocol for logging & notifying appropriate personnel.
- Collects patient co-payments, reconciliation charges & outstanding balances upon Check-In as well as submitting batches on a daily basis.
- Keeps the reception & patient waiting areas clean & organized.
- Enters charges into EMR & submits appropriate claims for Real Time Adjudication.
- Schedules patient appointments/follow-up appointments in accordance with established policies & procedures.
- Facilitates an exceptional patient experience with a high level of service, communication & support.
- Supports overall efficient practice operation including service & support of providers & demonstrating a can-do attitude with respect to solving problems & resolving patient & practice issues.
Skills for success
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented.
- Communication: conveys thoughts & expresses ideas effectively both verbally & in writing; strong presentation skills.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product & results.
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful.
Experience to drive change
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in primary care, family practice, internal medicine, urgent care or ER preferred
- 3 - 5 years administrative assistant experience in a medical office, including hands-on knowledge of medical billing.
- Adept in medical terminology & insurance practices.
- Proficient in use of computer programs & applications including Outlook applications & practice EMR systems.
- Competent in basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance & reconcile figures, & make changes accurately.
- Knowledgeable of CPT & ICD-10 coding.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus & a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, & generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience & enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products & services & the advancement of innovative solutions & improved quality of healthcare for providers & patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture how inclusion & diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity & inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare.We believe building trust & innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance & respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system.Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.