Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building Finance Systems features that you & your peers will love.
We are looking for a seasoned Finance applications administrator with Oracle NetSuite experience, preferably with a previous functional accounting & FP&A background. A dynamic & motivating personality is important as youll work closely with the user community to understand their evolving needs with an emphasis on proactive discovery of operational deficiencies & continuous improvement.
Organization skills are a must as the role includes managing the resulting work queue & also actively participating in various intermediate to large projects. Your communication skills will shine through as youll be one of the main voices that interacts with our internal customers. Your eyes will always be looking toward DigitalOceans controls environment, so previous experience with incorporating this into application administration is a plus.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Act as a principal administrator for NetSuite, Coupa, BlackLine, Anaplan, & other apps used to support Finance processes.
- Work with the user community by spending one on one time with them to understand their evolving needs within the Financial Systems environment.
- Participate in work activities organized by the Sr. Financial Systems manager that promote a culture of continuous improvement based on the DigitalOcean technology roadmap.
- Document the resulting requests from the above activities & manage the details of the entire work queue, including prioritization of the issues & enhancement requests submitted separately.
- Research issues & complete requests from the work queue as assigned by the Sr. Financial Systems Manager.
- Complete all scheduled & requested application changes surrounding user access & metadata.
- Work on tasks assigned for future Financial Systems projects that will result from expected DigitalOcean growth & our continuous improvement philosophy.
- Manage the application upgrade calendar, review release notes for applicable enhancements & communicate to the user community.
- Complete tasks assigned for DigitalOceans ongoing 2020 NetSuite implementation project, primarily in the data migration, data integration & reporting workstreams.
- Assist with testing rounds for the NetSuite project.
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience in finance and/or financial systems roles
- NetSuite administration, configuration, report development & SuiteScript experience
- Prior functional accounting or FP&A experience strongly preferred
- NetSuite SuiteFoundation and/or Administrator certification is a big plus
- Coupa administration experience is strongly preferred
- Minimum of a bachelors degree; preferably in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems
- Candidate to be based in New York City, or remote with Eastern time working hours
- Strong communication skills including concise writing, creation of slide decks & presenting in front of groups
- Ability to foster collaboration within diverse teams
- Strong organization skills
- Engaging personality & cultural fit that espouses DigitalOcean corporate values
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn new technologies
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!