Who We Are
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As a Technical Services Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work alongside multiple teams to support all end users at Intersection.
It will be your job to answer phone calls, emails, & requests from fellow Intersection employees across the organization. Additionally, you may be invited to work on infrastructure projects with other teams. We are looking for an empathetic technician committed to continuous improvement & passionate collaboration.
Your first 30 days, you will:
- Get to know the team
- Begin understanding the team you are going to Support
- Familiarize yourself with our workflow & systems
- Work with staff to solve day to day requests
Your first year will be:
- Begin an education-focused plan to gain more knowledge on the systems we administer
- Day to Day troubleshooting automation using Scripting
- Work with team members to document all systems
- Buildout a Self Help / Wiki for end-users to consult for everyday issues
- Security Auditing of Company Resources to make sure they are always secure
- Work with Security, Engineering, Development, & HR Teams to make their workflows more automated & less tedious
- Maintain the accuracy of our asset inventory
- Setup & breakdown end user workstations & monitors
- Purchase new equipment & send existing equipment out for repairs
You are great for this role because of:
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, Android, macOS, iOS, & ChromeOS
- Troubleshooting & problem-solving skills
- Solid grasp of technical fundamentals
- Ability to learn quickly
- Passion for & curiosity about technology
Pluses, But Not Required:
- Proficiency with applications/services including:
- G Suite and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Beginner knowledge of Linux / Bash / Python / HTML / CSS
- Technical Service industry experience
- Security focused mindset
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer