About the Role:
The Facilities & Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, monitoring, & managing maintenance operations within a Distribution Centre & to ensure that safety, sanitation, & reliability standards are achieved. Reporting to the Site Leader, this hands-on role will perform & oversee the technical tasks related to the engineering, installation, maintenance, & sanitation of production equipment, infrastructure, & facilities.
- Develop plans for & perform preventative maintenance of equipment, refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, security, & other assets in the distribution center
- Manage vendors & lead a team of maintenance technicians to troubleshoot maintenance issues & repair or replace of assets as required
- Source & manage MRO spare parts, consumables, tools, & other related maintenance equipment needed to ensure assets are in good working order
- Arrange & oversee all internal & external sanitation activities in both production & non-production areas; manage & coordinate schedules & scope of work of sanitation team members
- Coordinate with Project Managers & site stakeholders to plan, install, commission, & maintain production equipment in the distribution center
- Manage all CMMS/G-sheet preventative & sanitation schedule to ensure all activities are up to date & are completed on time
- Oversee the preventative pest control program
- Manage contractors & suppliers; define scope of work, oversee tasks, & ensure completion of deliverables
- Promptly communicate all safety related issues & concerns
- Support equipment & facilities upgrades required to improve safety, quality & productivity
- Responsible for maintenance & sanitation metrics, including but not limited to: equipment downtime, sanitation completion %, facilities cleanliness audit
- Maintain a safe & healthy work environment by adhering to HelloFreshs safety policies, wearing personal protective equipment (ppe) & clothing as required, & promptly reporting any workplace hazards to First Aid & Supervisors
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts & regulations.
- Use personal protective & safety equipment & clothing as directed by the employer & report workplace hazards & dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of facilities management experience
- Electrical, mechanical, & maintenance-related certifications
- Knowledge of trades related to site facilities, repair & overhaul
- Knowledge of facilities maintenance processes, procedures, & systems
- Knowledge of occupational of OHS & Food Safety & its application in a warehouse & production environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, & a can-do attitude. Used to working in a high pressure, fast paced, & constantly changing environment
- Drive & self-motivation. We seek a leader who competes to win & have the burning desire to make a meaningful difference in our business & lives of our employees
- An authentic leader, whos able to build strong relationships, clearly communicate & motivate, & drive accountability in all levels
- An effective collaborator, who empowers & enables others to share ideas, raises awareness, gets buy-in, & and delivers fast & well-rounded solutions to complex problems
- A strong problem solver; & have ability to handle multiple projects & assignments able to prioritize & meet budgets deadlines & achieve objectives
- Availability to work weekend schedules & cold facilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Calendar, Gmail, Docs, Sheets), & video conferencing (Hangouts Meet)
What youll get in return:
- Competitive salary & health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn & grow
- Work with a hard-working & supportive team
Its no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!