A lot of companies say theyre mission-driven. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, & welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors & collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporations staff designs, builds, & distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users & alerts them of risks.
Are you passionate about Firefox & the Web? Do you want to release software to a massive user base? Do you want to work on tools & processes that impact the entire Mozilla engineering community?
The Firefox Release Management team coordinates & manages Firefox Desktop & Firefox Android releases. We create processes & tools that allow us to ship quality Firefox releases every 4 to 6 weeks.
What You'll Get To Do
- Assist in identifying & tracking issues to resolution
- Implement & augment tools that support shipping quality releases
- Build tools to identify quality issues early in a release cycle
- Coordinate the activity of various teams (Quality, Release Engineering, Development, etc)
- Work with our globally distributed community of employees & volunteers
What You Bring
- Expert knowledge of what it takes to ship software to millions of Desktop & Mobile users
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team
- Scripting experience on various platforms
- Familiarity with issue trackers (Bugzilla, Jira), & VCS (Git/GitHub or Mercurial)
Bonus points for
- Understanding of the software development life cycle
- Data-driven decision making & release management
- Work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- quality assurance, release engineering, documentation, security, performance
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, & expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.