Fullstack Engineer - CRM
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We believe that the key to building great relationships is following up with the right people using the right message at the right time. The CRM Contacts Communications squad mission is to empower agents to build exceptional relationship experiences with their potential, current & past clients through effective, timely & personalized messaging. Our team cares about focusing on the RELATIONSHIP part of CRM. We are building tools that make agents outstanding communicators & workflows that convert leads into new business.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Lead in the planning, development, & scaling of a microservice ecosystem that allows for rapid & independent development by many teams.
- Inspire, recruit & mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Lead by example in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team & systems around you.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years writing well-tested, high-performance, database-driven web applications & backends
- In-depth knowledge of Go or Ruby on Rails, along with their respective ecosystems.
- Experience with Redux, Typescript, NPM, Webpack is a plus
- Experience designing large systems: particularly web services & RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, & data ingestion with a particular emphasis on industry standard best practices.
- In-depth experience with one or more of PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka.
- In-depth experience with Heroku and/or AWS
- In-depth experience with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!