Symphony is seeking an Associate Counsel that will report directly to the General Counsel, advise on a broad range of legal matters for Symphony Communication Services & its affiliated domestic & international entities, & support all areas of the business, including Sales, Operations, Engineering, Security, Human Resources, Marketing & Regulatory.
Symphonys legal function is nimble & professional, providing timely, pragmatic, & business-savvy legal solutions that empower Symphonys business units to meet their goals in an effective & compliant manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the full Symphony legal team, Symphonys thought leaders, & its clients, & to help shape the course of the companys future.
- Draft & negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts to support business functions, including customer & non-disclosure agreements, vendor, licensing, employment, marketing & product;
- Work closely with the Sales organization to onboard clients, manage customer prospects & directly engage with customers on a range of issues;
- Assist the organization with expansion into new customer verticals such as health care, legal, consulting & government;
- Advise management on contract status, legal risks & business terms of transactions;
- Assist management, HR & Recruiting in handling routine employment matters & related contractual requirements from time to time, with guidance from the General Counsel;
- Support Symphonys Marketing team with publicity strategy & materials review
- Support Symphonys data privacy compliance regime;
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying & interpreting applicable regulations, statutes, judicial decisions, & codes, offering appropriate solutions to complex legal questions; and
- Support Symphonys business development efforts, including M&A & corporate finance transactions.
- J.D. & bachelor's degrees from U.S. accredited institutions;
- Bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction;
- 3-5 years of post-J.D. experience with a law firm or corporation, with a transactional or commercial focus;
- Experience in some of the following areas is a plus, but not required: technology, SaaS services, financial services, employment, data privacy, international operations & working with customers in regulated industries;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adjust quickly to changing work priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication & organizational skills;
- Trustworthy team player;
- Willingness to expand your practice focus beyond routine corporate matters; and
- Flexible schedule & ability to travel for short periods, as needed.
Symphony transforms the way users communicate effectively & securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams & organizations of all sizes improve productivity, while meeting complex data security & regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 & is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Stockholm, Sophia-Antipolis, Paris & London.
Symphony has raised roughly $300 million from the worlds largest financial institutions & recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Socit Gnrale as well as Google.
Were looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills & savvy to work with a world-class team & an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life & AD&D coverage
- Short-term & long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation & sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen & catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun & exciting benefits & activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits & Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition & is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form & submission of the appropriate documents for identity & work authorization.
Note: If considered for a position you will be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case will be considered on its own merits. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances, the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for, & any pattern of offenses may, however, be considered.