Senior Software Engineer - Consumer Experience
New York City (or Remote)
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer focused on our Consumer Experience team at Compass, you will use your experience with microservices based architecture to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer & seller experience at Compass. The consumer experience teams charter is to help consumers navigate the hard process of choosing a real estate agent & buy, rent or sell at compass platforms. You will help design & develop backend services & data pipeline to support an industry leading consumer experience for anyone coming to compass.com to buy, sell or rent while also supporting the growth of the worlds most scalable brokerage.
You are a senior full stack engineer who is passionate about creating a fantastic user experience & you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product & business decisions. You love to learn, & equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator & you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You will participate in all aspects of our development & provide expertise on both the front & the back end.
You are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity & re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure & style.
At Compass You Will:
- Build the front door to the Compass platform -- & some core & game-changing tools that come with it
- Work cross functionally with Product & Engineering, UX design, & Infrastructure teams to operate a secure, scalable & performant system
- Flex (or grow) your ReactJS & GoLang muscles with opportunities to implement mission critical features & services.
- Join a great team with a lot of visibility & some challenging projects on the horizon
What we look for:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, & Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services & RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, & data ingestion with a particular emphasis of industry standard best practices
- In-depth understanding & hands on experience with Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, & Redis
- Experienced with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, SQS, & SNS
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog.