The Squarespace IT team is looking for an AV Support Technician to join a highly motivated IT team responsible for end-to-end support of a quickly growing global company. We are looking for a versatile team player to work alongside the Senior AV Engineer & the outside AV vendor to support & manage events as well as conference room technology for 50+ rooms. You will work closely with users across the org under the direction of the Senior AV Engineer. You will occasionally partner with various teams including networking & infrastructure on AV buildouts & upgrades.
You will also grow your IT generalist skills by providing additional technical support for the office staff alongside the existing IT Support team when AV support is not required.
The ideal candidate is a fast learner with great enthusiasm, personality, & approachability who can support the AV & IT needs of global offices of all sizes & Squarespace employees of varying technical background.
You will report directly to the IT Team Manager & will be full time at the New York City office headquarters.
We have introduced our Flexible Work Philosophy for Squarespace employees, which you can find on our career page. For those who will work out of our offices 1-5 days a week, we have also introduced a detailed return to office approach to guarantee a safe return for our Squarespace employees. The safety of our people is our top priority & we will continue to monitor the status of COVID19.
Youll Get To
- Provide support for the operation & maintenance of conference room software & in-room related hardware such as cameras & phones.
- Provide support for live events, including setting up computers, codecs, & video conferencing devices, recording events & coordinating Live streaming requests.
- Perform system testing to insure equipment & room functionality are working accurately
- Ensure that all support SLAs & critical metrics are maintained
- Assist Senior AV Engineer with building standard operating procedures & documentation
- Coordinate & provide end user training
- Respond to requests for meeting tech support, escalated Service Desk tickets, room technology inquiries
- Provide professional, effective, knowledgeable, & rapid AV & IT support to staff
- Escalate client needs & technology capabilities & limitations to the supervisors/team members when client requests present logistical constraints for events
- Perform employee training on Google Meet & Zoom Video conferencing
- Continually look for opportunities to develop solutions through process automation, & improved reliability.
- Assist IT team with day-to-day activities & projects when not performing AV related tasks.
Who Were Looking For
- 1+ years of directly-related industry experience
- Familiarity working in a professional production environment
- Must be able to set up, troubleshoot & maintain analog & digital AV systems
- Light knowledge of Apple computer troubleshooting
- Knowledge of audio mixing, microphones & recording equipment, video camera setup & removal
- Experience supporting high-level live events
- Experience writing internal & external communications (email, troubleshooting guides, vendor communications)
- Moderate experience with broadcast switching equipment
- Moderate experience with integrated room AV (Google Meet, Zoom)
Experience With Our Current Tech Stack A Plus:
- Crestron Control & Digital Media systems
- Extron streaming/recording devices
- TesiraFORTE Biamp DSP
- Shure Wireless Microphones
- Cisco Video Conferencing Codecs
- AV Matrix Switchers
Role will be split 80% AV 20% helpdesk
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.