Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In this new client-facing role, you will join the small yet nimble Global Strategic Design Ops team with the primary objective of helping Visa's bi-coastal Agency Design Services deliver high-quality product & design engagements to Visa's Clients & Partners.
To do this work, you will work with the Global & North America Design leads & business stakeholders in innovation, consulting, accounts, legal, human resources, finance, & sourcing. Your role is to coordinate communications, manage resources, drive the team project intake process, develop & manage pricing models, & overall lead the team through the logistics of delivering outstanding quality outcomes for Visa & our stakeholders.
The Design Ops Manager (Producer) is a detailed oriented & strategic thinker who can apply frameworks & systems to keep track of the many moving parts necessary for projects & teams to be successful. This role is new & you will have the opportunity not just to manage programs & projects, but to co-create the operational models that will leads to the creation of the greatest value for our customers. You won't be alone either. The Global Strategic Design Operations function while new is expanding rapidly & are working together across all parts of Visa's Global Design organization to help create standards in design culture, team development, workflow & tooling, & overall design team governance. You'll be a central contributor to helping the team develop these & other initiatives.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 2 years work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MFA, MBA, or PhD)
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 6+ years with an Advanced Degree in Design, Design Management, Business or related field
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a creative agency or consulting environment in a relevant role (relevant roles include Producer, Program Manager, Creative Operations, Design Operations, or Project Management)
- 5+ years experience with cross functional design teams including requirements gathering & participating in the analysis to solve for complex design decision
- 2+ years experience working directly as a designer or other user experience role
- Candidates need to be outcomes-driven & demonstrate how their work has helped lead teams to reaching those goals that impact their customer's success
- Capable of finding order in white space environments, & creating momentum around priorities, resilient & positive, even in challenging circumstances
- This role requires strong communication, facilitation, & client-facing influencing skills
- Familiarity with design & user research tools, methods, & processes
- Ability to collect, manage, & communicate with quantitative & qualitative data
- Create & work with frameworks for prioritizing activities & projects
- Working knowledge of agile team methodology a plus
- Experience in a complex non-design-led organization is a plus
- Project Management certification a plus but not required
- Payment Industry experience a plus but not required
- Support the Design Agency Services team to deliver successful projects for its clients-internal & external.
- Continuously seek out ways to improve the processes, practice, & culture of the Design team
- Develop & manage the RFP response & project intake system for the agency
- Own, manage, & evolve the agency's Design pricing structure to help the agency to remain competitive
- Work with other parts of the Global & North American design organization at Visa to create a singular design culture, known globally as best-in-class for innovation, creativity, quality, & client impact
- Coordinate with the innovation & consulting teams
- Develop, manage, & communicate to design leadership key metrics on the health of the agency's operations
- Conduct regular status meetings with point persons from relevant teams to assure the coordination of all projects is up-to-date & clearly communicated
- As part of the Strategic Design Operations team, you will also collaborate with team members on horizontal initiatives, as well as take on responsibilities in other parts of the greater design organization as resourcing requires.
- Demonstrate a clear link between daily work & the organization's mission
- Assist in planning & execution for design communications, all-hands, share-outs, executive reviews, etc
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours
May be needed to take phone calls with teams in various time zones as needed
Travel as needed by the business up to 20%
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.