Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Role:
As a Sales Demand Team Director you will be in a player-coach role responsible for both working directly with Agencies & Brands as well as managing a sales team. The position requires a strategic thinker & sales leader who will be deeply involved in creating location-based advertising solutions. Youll manage a dynamic sales team creating deep ongoing relationships & demand for Foursquares products & services for Marketers including market-leading Targeting & Attribution solutions.
- Manage day-to-day sellers across assigned territories & accounts in order to meet/exceed assigned regional revenue goal
- You will spend time meeting with agencies & brand direct clients, evangelizing Foursquare & location-powered advertising.
- You will be responsible for building positive relationships with client/agency counterparts, maintaining ongoing communications & ensuring that client needs are met.
- Along with the Business Development, Product, & Data teams you will craft custom opportunities to address marketers goals.
- You will take complex, & at times technical, sets of capabilities & translate that into a compelling story for the marketplace.
- Territory planning, goal setting, & identify & manage the team to focus on key growth areas
- Continue to build a team of highly motivated sales professionals to prospect & sell Foursquares suite of ad products to ad agencies & brands
- Lead your sales team as they develop sales strategies with top brand partners & agencies to drive large revenue programs & growth across top clients
- Assist your team as they create proactive proposals & respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Inspire team growth through individual development plans to promote an environment of accountability through performance management
- Build & maintain a solid revenue pipeline
- Meet quarterly revenue targets as set by sales management
- 8+ years of experience with digital advertising across sales management, sales, account management, or at an agency
- An entrepreneurial approach to business
- Demonstrated success in a goal oriented, highly accountable sales environment.
- Strong work ethic with excellent organizational, project/time management, & analytical skills
- Experience structuring, negotiating & closing large partnership deals
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, & organizational skills, & a strong commitment to detail
- BS/BA degree
Perks & benefits:
- Learning & development programs from ICs to managers
- Individual, professional coaching for all full-time employees
- Flexible time off - rest & recharge when you need it!
- Comprehensive & competitive health, vision, dental, life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Home office setup: you get all necessary hardware & internet reimbursement
- Family planning programs via Carrot & Maven
- Employee Resource Groups to help you stay connected
- And much more!
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.