We are a rapidly growing UX team focused on crafting innovative end-to-end designs & customer experiences for a global customer base with millions of users around the globe. Our work & vision define Qualtrics as the Experience Management company. We are looking for leaders that are enthusiastic about leading & growing design teams that inspire the biggest brands to join our group of builders. Our leaders & customers expect & encourage us to push the boundaries of what an enterprise product could be, envisioning across all platforms to directly impact the product roadmap & our customers goals. Qualtrics is blazing a new space for Experience Management & is much more than surveys - your design skills & management acumen help make this vision a reality.
This specific role would be our first & most senior role in our new EMEA design studio, with oversight on our team in Krakow, Poland. This role will be critical in staffing up the team, creating a design culture in the office, & ensuring seamless collaboration across all our studios.
What Success Looks Like in the Role
Your product design vision sees 2-3 years into the future & evolves by listening to customers & ideating ground breaking solutions. You challenge norms to arrive at the right design solution. You obsess about a users experience & every detail that goes into it. You identify & surface UX issues & opportunities & set your team up to lead the change with speed & agility. You are a hands on manager that leads by example. Leading collaboration across design teams, software development, product management, & product marketing you create fluid, intuitive user experiences that scale seamlessly across desktop, native mobile & push into paradigms such as voice.
A Day in the Life
- Lead your team in the creation of a product design roadmap that pushes the boundaries of what it means to be the market leading Experience Company.
- Mentor your team & grow individual designers careers & body of work.
- Participate in recruiting & ensuring that your teams are resourced & allocated appropriately.
- Spend time with a customer learning from them what would make Qualitics fluidly integrate into their workflow & improve the quality of their work. Bring the junior members of your team along with you to grow their customer empathy.
- Develop a new standard in how core design patterns are shared & documented ensuring that engineers around the globe can seamlessly tap into the patterns allowing them to independently build with confidence.
- Attend a UX team critique - set the standard on how work is presented that inspires the junior designers on the team.
- Translate data from a usability study & translate it into concrete user interface design improvements & get them prioritized into design sprint planning.
- Integrate the latest standards in interaction design & trends in user design into the product creating the most intuitive & easy to use enterprise product in the market.
You are a customer advocate, you grow & mentor other designers, & you live to see your UX designed experiences in products. You have a clear history of crafting user experiences for web applications & websites that inspire brand loyalty. You have a proven track record of rigorously applying user-centered design processes & methodologies to product development & are enthusiastic about solving complex user interface problems. You have experience with data visualization & a deep understanding of what it takes to build responsive web applications. From data modeling to UI transitions, design systems to pattern definition, your diverse set of skills delivers consumer quality with enterprise power.
- 8 plus years as an information architect, user experience or interaction designer.
- Experience leading teams of 5+ designers.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field such as Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, or Computer Science. Masters preferred.
- Have shipped & maintained multiple products & features with an online portfolio that showcases this work.
- Ability to work cross functionally & influence partners with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of web accessibility principles & experience in building for accessibility.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma & Sketch.
- Working knowledge of Jira or Airtable is highly preferred.