Have you ever had to tell a coworker not to use "beef stew" as a computer password as its just not stroganoff? Do you immediately know what DYTTIOAOA stands for? Well, then you might just be the IT Support Associate were looking for!
Moving is one of the most universally relatable problems. Everyone has moved at least once & everyone thinks moving is painful. Updater is solving that pain at scale. Were a well funded & growth-focused company, with technology that touches nearly 50% of all household moves in the US annually, & were growing quickly.
At the core of how our employees work is the SIT (Software & IT) Team at Updater. This team manages all employee-facing technology & curates our systems & services to ensure they are cost-effective, work well together, & meet our security standards.
As the second hire on the team, youll have the opportunity to become an expert admin in many commonly-used systems & processes at a fast-paced tech startup as well have opportunities to mentor & train future SIT hires. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who has excelled in an entry-level support role in a dual Mac/Windows environment & wants to take their career to the next step. You will work closely with experienced, forward-thinking SIT teammates & be counted on to manage many day-to-day requests & processes.
About the Role:
- Mid-level administration of our core services including G Suite, Okta, Slack, Jamf Pro, Intune, & others. You should be able to keep our IT ship afloat if your manager is unavailable.
- Be a ticket monster: respond expediently to ticketed support requests from our employees & always provide personable, excellent assistance
- Maintain outstanding documentation of interactions & internal processes that youll help create & maintain. You should understand that good documentation can flatten the curve of support requests.
- Grow into an IT Admin role with the potential to experiment & train in TechOps, DevOps, & other related fields.
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from our employees' point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on how to best utilize tools to solve a user need
- Strong Communication: optimism & a forward-looking attitude with a clear, inspiring communication style
- Comfort with Ambiguity: youre used to being asked open-ended questions & able to guide the conversation to a solution
- Minimum 3 years in an Enterprise Mac/Windows support environment
- MacOS & MS Win 10 certified with a deep understanding of troubleshooting both
- Familiarity with basic MDM administration (Jamf, Intune, etc)
- Experience in mid-level G Suite administration (user & groups management)
- Experience with a ticketed support request system (Fresh Service, JIRA, Zendesk, etc)
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.