BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Social Media Strategist to work on strategy for the Video Social Team, across all social platforms. You'll work on a variety of BuzzFeed brands, including Tasty & Nifty, & help the video social team achieve their overall goals.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, & expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into either the LA office.
- Oversee Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Tik Tok publishing, as well as launching brands onto emerging platforms.
- Developing strategies to increase video views & platform revenue across the board, identifying areas of opportunity, & deliver against key performance benchmarks.
- Work closely with Deputy Director of video publishing & social leads to execute on those strategies
- Work closely with BuzzFeeds Tasty team on their content & publishing strategy
- Manage a team of 5+ direct reports who are also focused on social video.
- Communicate & brainstorm with both video producers, Creator talent, & the larger social team.
- Ideate & lead creative strategy branded opportunities or sponsored video.
- Analyze, craft & help optimize reports on social performance & trends, messaging key results to social team, as well as non-social stakeholders
- Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms
- Help maintain the cheery & collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending & talking about on the internet
- 5-7 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Ability to identify trends in social video, & a passion for video on social platforms
- A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
- A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, & why content on those platforms became popular or goes viral
- A positive, curious, playful disposition
- A genuine love for & excitement about the internet
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.