Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE VOICES INCUBATOR
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) launched Grand Challenges to bring the worlds brightest minds together to solve our worlds most pressing challenges. By investing in small-grants & holistic support, the Challenges foster innovation & experimentation for social impact. The Voices for Economic Opportunity Grand Challenge was launched to address the persistent toxic narratives about poverty in the U.S. In addition to providing $100,000 to each Grand Challenge Participant, BMGF is partnering with Purpose to design & support the Voices for Economic Opportunity Incubator.
The Voices Incubator provides resources for participants around community & collaboration, learning & training, & testing & experimentation to support the creation of breakthrough creative, scalable & strategic interventions that begin to shift harmful narratives on poverty & economic mobility in America.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is seeking an Associate Director of Data & Analytics to join our diverse team. One of the key offerings of the Incubator is supporting participants to test & iterate their narrative change content to better change hearts & minds. The Associate Director of Data & Analytics would be a key architect of the Incubators testing framework that will support innovative narrative change projects for more than 30 participants, ranging from national nonprofits to legal funds to local organizers. In addition to developing the systems, tools & frameworks, the Associate Director of Data & Analytics would manage our research & testing partnerships, a series of rapid digital message & content tests, & the analysis of key findings that can be shared across the Incubator as well as with funders & other partners in the field. Were looking for someone who has experience both executing tests on digital advertising platforms & communicating actionable insights to non-technical teammates.
We're looking for team players with passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit.
The role reports to Keno Sadler, Senior Director of Labs, & is based in Purpose's New York office.
- Play an integral role on the Incubator team as we develop & refine our testing framework, audience targets, & testing protocols
- Work with the Incubator participants, to develop content & message tests, so they feel enabled to create these tests in the future
- Work closely with vendors & partners to track the results of different combinations of ads & audiences & be responsible for tracking trends & insights across project tests
- Work closely with vendors & partners to surface insights that will help participants identify particular aspects of messages that work best for different types of audiences
- Work closely with vendors on primary research deliverables, including crafting online survey questions
- Support on translating research, testing findings, & other insights for non-technical audiences
- Develop training sessions for staff & participants on topics like Facebook Ads & Targeting, Principles of Persuasion & Experiments 101.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Purposes measurement, learning & evaluation practice
Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 years experience in data & analytics in the political advocacy, organizing, digital activism, public policy, or creative campaigns sectors
- Experience managing competing deliverables & serving multiple stakeholders (partners, clients, campaigns)
- Experience with digital testing, qualitative & quantitative audience research, & latest methodologies on measurement & evaluation
- High bar for quality, rigor & integrity
- Demonstrated track record and/or interest in social sector organizing & advocacy
- Passion, a sharp mind, high integrity, a hands-on attitude, & an entrepreneurial, problem-solving spirit
If these are things that get you out of bed in the morning we want to hear from you!
- Obsessively thinking about how to make the world a better place
- Obsessively asking who holds the power, & how to move the public to action
- How to tell stories that stop the heart & move the mind
Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equality opportunity employer! We take on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.