Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
Position Description / Objective:
Thumbtacks IT team is passionate about focusing on operational excellence, whether thats process improvements, automating the hell out of things, or helping find that next amazing app for our internal teams. We understand that if we get this right we can focus more of our attention on the things that matter to the business - namely innovation & becoming a trusted business partner. We strive to deliver the best IT service our users have experienced. Ever.
As with most startup environments, you will need to bring not only your technical skills to bear, but also your willingness to take on all challenges big & small. More importantly, youll need a positive outlook, good communication skills, & a craving for learning. You will be using your past experiences to help build a world-class IT department & to think outside the box in delivering new services & resources to the business. Are you ready for some fun?
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be a customer service & support evangelist, assisting our customers via in person walk-ups, support tickets, email, & chat. You will work closely with Help Desk staff to maintain IT support documentation, handle the IT queues, & run A/V events. You love building relationships with customers, business partners & IT team members alike. You are passionate about IT end user support, have an excellent background in Mac software & hardware troubleshooting & are hungry to learn & grow in an Enterprise IT environment.
- General IT & Desktop Support
- Provide support at our IT Help Desk (on-prem & virtual) with rotating shifts to support our 24/7 operations
- Resolve incidents & problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to senior technical staff
- Act as a point of escalation for minor technical issues
- Asset & Endpoint Management
- Perform hardware repairs, upgrades & migrations
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Participate in inventory, purchasing & asset management to support the Help Desk
- System Access & Application Support
- Handle system access & maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Help evaluate hardware & software solutions & participate in IT projects
- Help deploy hardware & software solutions & initiatives
- Network Support
- Diagnose & provide basic network support
- Escalate network issues on behalf of customers to senior technical staff and/or relevant groups
- A/V Support & Event Monitoring
- Diagnose & provide basic A/V support & troubleshooting
- Help lead & facilitate A/V Events
- IT Projects
- Support & drive IT projects by completing related tasks in a timely manner
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2-4 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience with support ticket management & tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving & collaboration abilities
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills
- Technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.x, iOS & Android
- Basic knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10
- Network fundamentals & support experience (laptop connectivity, VPN, printing)
- Must be residing in Metro Manila or nearby areas
- IT-related degree or related certification/s is an advantage
- Experience in leading junior staff members
- Familiar with common access/authentication systems & tools: Okta, AD, LDAP
- Familiar with G Suite for Business (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc.)
- Knowledge of video conferencing solutions & support (Zoom)
- Previous experience with one or more of the following systems - Zendesk, G Suite for Business, Active Directory, Office 365, Okta, Slack, Jamf
- Basic knowledge & support of Chrome OS
- Some heavy lifting & management of IT equipment required (shifting computers in storage, deployment of equipment to desks, shipping of equipment to remote workforce)
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning employees have the flexibility to live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. This role is closely aligned with our day-to-day Thumbtack library operations & is expected to report to the Thumbtack library in Manila on a regular cadence when it is safe to resume in-person operations.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.