Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As a member of Treasury Operations, youll gain real-world experience building solutions from traditional banking into USDC. Youll help to manage day-to-day treasury operations, focusing on digital collateral & USDC Reserves investments while ensuring proper internal controls & protection of customer information. You will have the opportunity to build out collateral & investment management strategic processes while developing critical skills & industry knowledge. You will collaborate across all teams/stakeholders, both internal & external. You will help us to ensure the success of critical treasury operational functions. You will also participate in the development of related policies & processes to ensure alignment with Treasury objectives, primarily as it relates to cash, digital assets, investment & financial risk management.
What you'll work on:
USDC / Circle Digital Collateral
- Actively monitor & manage digital collateral posted by Circles clients for various DeFi activities
- Assist in developing a dynamic framework for verifying & monitoring collateral value, safekeeping of collateral & moving collateral between sources & customers
- Support the buildout of all collateral management reporting
- Track & report collateral valuation & movement
- Manage collateral margin calls & payouts
- Investigate, report, reconcile & resolve any issues with collateral movements/breaks, valuations, customer performance & internal deliverables
- Work directly with the Sr. Director of Treasury Operations to establish policies & procedures within collateral management.
- Review legal/custodial agreements & liaise with internal legal team to ensure continuity & compliance
- Ensure that all processes are fully compliant with internal policies & procedures
- Establish cohesive relationships with Circles DeFi partners
- Build relationships with tri-party service providers to align functionality, security, transparency & reporting
- Provide Customer Support team solutions to customer issues. Work closely with all internal stakeholders
- Support the Engineering team in implementing & testing new processes for settlement, safekeeping, payment & reporting
- Evaluate internal control structures & data to identify weaknesses & any associated risks, as well as make recommendations on how to mitigate those risks;
- Build & own relationships with key external stakeholders such as banks, custodians & other service providers
- Work with the Sr. Director of Treasury Operations, Treasurer & the entire Treasury team to design & build an operational platform to support the growing suite of products & services from Circle domestically & internationally
- Identify & investigate opportunities for new processes & resources
USDC Reserves Investments:
- Understand Circles USDC reserve policies & primary objectives
- Work directly with the Sr. Directory of Treasury Operations to align all investment policies with best practices of capital protection & value creation
- Establish relationships & work closely with Circles investment managers
- Implement investment strategies within the scope of our fiduciary responsibilities to all stakeholders
- Monitor all investments for compliance with existing agreements, internal policies & regulatory compliance
- Work closely with your Treasury team members to ensure that various liquidity pools are funded within the established guidelines
- Communicate current conditions, anticipated challenges & risks to team members & management
- Team with Finance & Accounting to ensure all required reporting metrics are available.
- Working knowledge of market investment instruments, their characteristics & risks is strongly preferred
- Help to build a dynamic framework for USDC reserves diversification with a foundation that is designed to scale up quickly while maintaining the integrity of all internal policies & external requirements
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics,Computer Science or Business related field
- 7+ years of progressively responsible positions in Treasury, Finance or Collateral Management - Treasury operations experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of markets activities including investment portfolios, collateral management & liquidity pools
- Established ability to organize, analyze & interpret large data sets to explain irregularities or trends
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities & use good judgement to establish order or priorities on the fly
- Ability to work with & influence internal & external customers to resolve exception items & achieve organizational objectives on an expedient basis
- Established ability to build new processes & workflows as needed.
- Proven success at identifying & documenting key performance & risk indicators & can develop meaningful & insightful management dashboards & reporting
- Self-motivated & creative problem-solver
- Demonstrated ability to create an amazing customer experience, with a high level of customer satisfaction
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.