Were looking for a senior strategic finance manager to help change the future of medicine.
Note: This role is based at our NYC HQ; however, our office is closed through June 2021.
Of the several thousand known diseases that affect humans, only ~500 have treatments; few have cures.
Despite advances that have made the discovery of new drug candidates faster than ever, thousands of potential treatments remain "on the shelf," untested, because of the enormous bottleneck of putting them through clinical trials. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs over $1B -- & over time, the problem has only gotten worse. As a result, only a select few treatments ever get a shot at reaching patients who need them. To make matters worse, the high cost of clinical trials often results in high drug prices for patients.
TrialSpark is a new healthcare company on a mission to bring treatments to patients faster & more efficiently by reimagining clinical trials.
Join us in changing the way physicians, researchers, & patients work together to advance medical research.
As a Senior Strategic Finance Manager at TrialSpark, you will be responsible for driving financial planning & analysis (FP&A) as well as providing financial support to business development, operational & other cross-functional strategic initiatives. You also will be responsible for providing analytical support & complex modeling to enable fact-based decision making across the organization & at the leadership & board level.
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in shaping & building out TrialSparks core FP&A capabilities, including the processes & tools employed in day-to-day execution.
Specific responsibilities for in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading annual budgeting & long-term financial planning
- Maintaining rolling company forecast based on inputs from accounting & functional teams
- Partnering with business development in the financial evaluation of asset acquisition opportunities & incorporating acquired assets into budgets, forecasts & long-term financial planning
- Partnering with operations to build detailed drug development budgets & with accounting to monitor & review financial performance against budgets
- Recommending actionable & measurable key performance indicators (KPIs) that drive company performance to key stakeholders based on financial insights
- Supporting creation & review of financial reports & analyses for functional leaders, company leadership & the companys board of directors
- Identifying, evaluating & implementing tools to facilitate continuous improvement in the quality & speed of financial reporting, forecasting & analysis as the business scales
- Establishing a Providing ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions as needed
Qualifications & Experience
Youd be a great fit for this position if you have 5+ years of FP&A, strategic finance, principal investment and/or investment banking experience and:
- Prior experience at an early stage company in healthcare and/or life sciences preferred
- Prior people management experience preferred
- Prior experience implementing financial planning software to enable functional scaling (e.g., Adaptive)
- You can work collaboratively & cross-functionally in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- You can synthesize strategic insights from complex, detailed financial analysis & clearly communicate financial concepts to audiences with limited context and/or without a financial background
- You are strong self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity yet drives towards clarity
- You are intellectually curious & constantly look for ways to improve how to do things
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.