The primary role of a BioPharma Medical Science Liaison (BP-MSL) is to educate & support Translational Leads at BioPharma companies with the most current data & education materials supporting the clinical & research value of Guardant Health's products. The BP-MSL will seek opportunities to engage & develop key stakeholders (KSHs) within BioPharma companies to influence their presentation of Guardant data incorporated in clinical studies & their education of colleagues & physicians.This is completed through direct education of KSHs with slides, abstracts & publications relevant to Guardant Health's products & services; development & provision of Guardant data summary slides coupled with key educational points; participating in the review, summary & delivery of all outgoing Guardant RUO BioPharma reports; participating in the development & creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events; & identifying opportunities for collaboration on projects of mutual interest.
The BP-MSL will be effective at translating data from research projects & disseminating key information through publications, & presentations at national meetings, CME & educational activities. The role of the BP-MSL position also involves supporting business development operations, bioinformatics, & marketing; education of the BioPharma sales team/s; & supporting biopharma pipeline analyses to identify target programs aligned with Guardant product goals that will ultimately drive test adoption.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and/or maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with biopharma KSHs to promote understanding, adoption, & accurate presentation of our novel diagnostic technologies.
- Internal point person for development & provision of Guardant data summary slides coupled with key educational points to support BioPharma partner inquiries & data necessary for BD activities, abstracts & publications.
- Critically review & provide medically- & scientifically- relevant direction on the summary & delivery of all outgoing Guardant RUO BioPharma-project results.
- Support web-con presentations, data reviews, & interactive education events for KSHs, also known as data deep dives.
- Critically review & develop education slides based on new publications and
research findings, for approval by Medical Affairs & Business Development.
- Analyze & maintain pipeline assessments of accounts & associated key trial PIs to identify target programs, trials, & data development opportunities that align with Guardant product strategies.
- Facilitate meetings & scientific opportunities for the Guardant Health Chief Scientific & Medical Officers, that initiate & strengthen relationships with BioPharma KSHs & other key influencers.
- Synopsize & educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts & publications relevant to molecular testing.
- Function as the primary clinical resource to the Business Development, Alliance Management, Bioinformatics, & Trials/Consortia BP teams with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations, teleconferences, & meetings as requested.
1. Education/Experience Required
Terminal degree in a scientific field of study (Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable. Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
Experience working with experts at academic medical centers and/or biopharma companies to build consensus around new products and/or services.
Prior experience as an MSL in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
2. Technical Skills Required
Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics & pharmaceuticalindustry.
Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, & Word
Ability to work independently & remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team & at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills & personal initiative.
Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
Outstanding oral presentation skills.
Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside & outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs & scientific publications.
Ability to elicit & answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables & meetings.
Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events & trade shows.
Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, & formatting of documents.
Extensive travel required up to 3-4 days per week to meet with KOLs, attend physician education talks & conference, including specialty society scientific meetings (will require some weekend work). Travel is estimated to be approximately 50%.
Must be physically able to handle extensive travel in vehicle, plane, or other modes of public transport.
Office may be home-based, & involves extensive use of computer & keyboard while in home office.
Requires the ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously, work in high-paced, high-energy environment.