Flywheel Sports is looking for a proven Senior Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team in a leadership capacity. The Backend / Cloud Engineering role will actively develop code while also mentoring & growing the teams technical expertise. The role reports directly to the Head of Engineering. This role offers a terrific opportunity to lead a key team at Flywheel Sports & apply technology to fitness in new & innovative ways. The engineering team is responsible for all engineering services supporting 30+ cycling studios nationwide & the At Home Bike Business.
In this role, the Backend / Cloud Engineer will regularly engage with stakeholders throughout the development cycle. As such, the role requires excellent communication skills & understanding of agile practices.
Given the companys fast-paced, start-up environment, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, talented engineer & capable of leaning in to support the company in other cross-disciplinary areas including analytics, financial reconciliation, & product management.
- Bachelors Degree in any technical engineering discipline plus a minimum 5 years of experience working in a professional setting as a software engineer.
- Minimum 3 years of experience programming in AWS & Linux
- Deep understanding of fault tolerant cloud architectures, especially based on AWS platform.
- Expert proficiency in SQL database design & modeling.
- Experience with NoSQL solutions such as Redis & MongoDB
- Experience in NodeJS (backend), React, Vue, & other frontend technologies (css/sass) is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work effectively with both onshore & offshore teams as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working in Agile settings & strong understanding of Agile processes
- Proven communication skills both written & verbal.
- Able to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment & flexibility to manage change.