About the role:
Looking to build the foundation for a career in People & Culture? This role offers the opportunity to support many aspects of our People team to make the Dig Inn experience as rewarding as possible for everyone at the Supply Center in the Bronx, every day. You will help onboard new hires & welcome them to the fa(r)m, as well as assist with compliance & HR/benefits-related processes. You will be the Supply Center office guru, making sure that everything runs smoothly. This includes manning the space, planning events, & keeping the office clean, organized, & full of good vibes. This role will require Spanish written & verbal communication skills.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure office operations, procedures & best practices are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed
- Ensure security, integrity & confidentiality of data
- Handle restaurant inquiries & complaints. Manage the follow-through, corrective actions & tracking systems
- Manage data entry for receiving, inventory, waste, item transfers & restaurant-related order changes
- Print orders & labels for production
- Handle all form & document distribution for production/warehouse
- Monitor & maintain office supply inventory
- Maintain a safe & secure working environment
- Organize & schedule meetings & appointments
- Provide general support to visitors
- Be the point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, invoices, bills & errands
HR Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Be the onsite HR person, maintaining office policies & answering employee requests & questions
- Assist with all aspects of the employee life cycle, from interviewing, onboarding, performance management
- Facilitate new hire orientation & create training schedules
- Complete Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation & maintains I-9 files
- Create & maintain employee files
- 1 year minimum experience in Human Resources or related field
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems & procedures
- Excellent time management skills & ability to multi-task & prioritize work
- Attention to detail & problem-solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills (English & Spanish)
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of human resources management practices & procedures
- A passion for real, good food
Work perks: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive pay, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Company farm trips
- Complimentary supply center team lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our missionbuilding kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.