Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is seeking to hire a proactive, business-oriented attorney with a strong background in commercial contracts & procurement. Using a broad knowledge base to assess & mitigate risk, you will bring together cross-functional teams to ensure business alignment. You will also play an important role in shaping policies & processes to help our Legal Department scale.
- Draft, review, & negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to ensure the functionality of supply-chain, procurement, & logistics, including master supplier agreements, transportation agreements, real estate agreements, technology platform agreements, & non-disclosure agreements.
- Develop strategic relationships with business leaders & suppliers to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Identify potential legal risks in procurement & supplier-related matters, manage, & provide actionable advice to business partners & other internal stakeholders.
- Resolve pre-litigation issues that arise in commercial relationships, including supplier disputes & inquiries.
- Support the business with new growth initiatives including compliance, template development, & training.
- Stay current on relevant laws & regulations that impact our supply chain & procurement to ensure continued compliance.
- Research & propose creative solutions that will allow HelloFresh to efficiently scale our legal & compliance framework during a time of rapid expansion.
- A business-minded lawyer, with an ability to translate legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Experienced in general commercial legal matters, & ideally experienced in managing legal matters related to a large food/beverage supply chain.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful & the type of person that thrives on change & new challenges.
- A quick learner, able to acquire working knowledge on entirely new subjects within a short timeframe, with sound judgment regarding when to request external support.
At a minimum, you have...
- A J.D. with outstanding academic credentials.
- At least 3 to 5 years relevant legal experience, including in-house experience ideally at a consumer-facing or CPG company.
- A minimum of 2 years experience drafting, reviewing, & negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience in-house at a high-growth (ideally consumer-facing or e-commerce) company not required but a strong plus.
- Must be admitted, active & in good standing with the New York State Bar, Colorado State Bar or another state bar.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.
Salary Range: $135,000 - $145,000
Position is eligible to participate, contingent on Supervisory Board Approval, in HelloFresh's equity program.