Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, & give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
This position is located in & around Charlottesville, VA. You will need access to a vehicle & the ability to travel between stores.
Your day to day
Shopper Coaching & Team-Building
- Provide continuous structured training & support to shopper team in order to help them achieve individual performance goals based on speed & quality of service
- Onboard new shoppers through store-specific processes & in-person coaching
- Build morale in-store & foster a collaborative, team-oriented work environment through positive reinforcement & management of difficult behavior when necessary
- Exemplify the highest standards of professionalism & integrity to promote the culture, values & mission of Instacart
In-Store Operations Management
- Ensure orders are fulfilled to the highest standard of quality & accuracy
- Manage a clean & efficient working environment for employees
- Become an expert & go-to-resource on the shopping process & store layout
- Utilize existing resources, tools, & team to quickly identify & solve any store, shopper & customer issues
- Maintain in-store equipment & staging areas through troubleshooting & proactive communications regarding broken equipment and/or stock of supply
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Help maintain a strong & positive relationship with store management in partnership with Instacart operations team
- 1+ year of retail or food service management experience or 6+ months experience as a top performing personal shopper, driver, full service shopper, or cashier at Instacart
- Proven ability to take ownership & meet goals
- Strong customer service experience
- Effective interpersonal skills & ability to communicate with a diverse group of people
- Strong supervisory, teambuilding, & leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Expert problem solver
- Solid understanding of mobile apps
- Ability to consistently & reliably work 30-40 hours a week
- Ability to work regularly on weekends
- Ability to travel between stores
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly throughout shift; must be able to remain standing or walking, including up & down stairs, during shift
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
As an Instacart Shift Lead you will drive Instacart's success inside our partner stores by coaching a team of personal shoppers, maintaining & improving in-store operations, & optimizing for efficiency. You will manage day-to-day & on-the-ground in partnership with Operations Leadership to deliver high quality orders for customers in an efficient manner.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.