CB Insights is a fast-growing market intelligence platform & services company based in NYC. We are seeking a SRE to join Team Sparta & support further growth. We want someone who has a penchant for efficiency & who loves creating dashboards from metric data. Someone who can help ensure our production systems run smoothly, efficiently, & is reliable at all times. Someone who understands the benefits of automation & how to scale out a system.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a key member of a small but growing team charged with:
- Ensuring the uptime of our platform by taking part in our on-call rotation schedule
- Creating actionable alerts to page the team when issues arises
- Work with teams in creating dashboards showing relevant & actionable information
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Collaborating with our development leads to isolate application & deployment concerns
- Providing tools & an environment to support efficient software development
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Basic understanding of statistics & basic math
- 2+ years experience using Amazon Web Services with a DevOps focus
- 2+ years systems administration (Linux strongly preferred)
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python). Programming background strongly preferred.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Solid working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, NAT) & related architecture & design concepts
- Working knowledge of basic networking security & principles
- General knowledge of open-source software stacks
- Experience with container technology (Docker highly preferred)
- Experience with microservice architecture is a big plus
- Experience with Datadog is a plus
- Experience in debugging performance bottlenecks is a plus
- Experience with the Influxdata software suite (Telegraf, Influxdb, Chronograf, Flux) also a plus
- Experience with the Hashicorp software suite (Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Consul, Nomad) also a plus
- College degree required, CS degree preferred
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry:Check out more about our company culturehere.
EqualOpportunityEmployer:CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!