Mailchimps all-in-one marketing platform helps small businesses market smarter so they can grow faster. We empower millions of customers around the world to start & grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, & inspiring content. Mailchimps marketing platform puts your audience at the heart of your marketing so you can promote your business across email, social media, landing pages, ads, websites, postcards, & moreall from one place. Founded in 2001 & based in Atlanta, Mailchimp has 1,000+ employees & is privately held.
We are looking for a seasoned, data-informed media leader with deep experience in media strategy & execution. The Vice President of Media will build & manage the team responsible for planning, executing, & optimizing the companys media investments around the globe. This role will:
- Oversee the global media investment management process, including agency management, ad tech strategy, optimization of investment, performance reporting, & budget management
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the Marketing team, Product Management, & Finance to achieve company objectives
- Require deep subject matter expertise across the entire martech & ad tech landscape, team leadership experience & strong marketing skills.
This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
What youll do here:
- You will lead Mailchimps strategy, execution, & measurement of our paid media investment for marketing campaigns worldwide
- Provide strategic vision & structural workflow for the Paid Media team
- Synthesize data, analyze results, identify trends, report & execute on key findings to achieve paid search objectives set with senior leadership
- Partner with the Insight & Analytics & Finance teams to measure & report results to Mailchimp leadership
- Guide decisions as it pertains to investment in the martech stack, campaign performance software & reporting dashboards
- Act as consultant to relevant product domains that serve our customers that purchase media through our platform
- Be accountable for agency relationships including campaign maintenance, advanced optimization, & questions regarding tracking & status of various campaigns
- Measure & evaluate ability of campaigns to deliver on performance objectives & inform ongoing investment decisions
- Provide input to data governance, tagging, analytics, & data science investment & management decisions across the company
- Evaluate & implement relationships with key partners within the digital media ecosystem such as data providers, inventory providers, demand-side platforms & analytics vendors
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have experience at a global media agency managing global clients or managing Paid Media at a large technology or consumer company
- Youre experienced in running a global Paid Media program with a budget of $75M+ in multiple regions, languages, & publishers.
- You have experience at an agency or ad network or at a demand side platform creating & executing exchange based programmatic strategies. Must have real experience managing teams responsible for executing campaigns through DSPs, purchasing & using data, & advising marketing teams on audience buying strategies.
- You have multi-year experience managing global, multi-channel campaigns, DSPs, DMPs, strategies, 3rd Party data, pixel technologies, ad servers & all forms of online media
- Youre a subject matter expert level understanding of performance advertising, search & metrics
- You are comfortable regularly presenting & reporting up metrics to C-level senior leadership team
- You have expertise of the major technology-driven changes & trends affecting the media & advertising industries, & deep knowledge of the digital media buying ecosystem
- You have exceptional analytical & strategic thinking & ability to develop & present buying & optimization recommendations
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.