Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
The Products Data Science Manager role is a key member of the Products Analytics & Data Science teams for Visa in Europe. As a Products Data Science Manager, you will work principally with the Products Analytics lead, senior Products team members & functional / market teams to develop & implement analytics solutions & insights focused on Products performance & opportunities for our internal & external clients.
In this role, you will collaborate with the business to extract, analyse, perform various statistical analyses & draw critical inferences which will be beneficial to our teams & clients with a clear commercial value' & measurable return'. You will also play a key role in promoting an insights driven culture within the team.
This role will report into the Products Analytics Lead & also be linked into the Visa Europe Data Science Lab.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Acting as an analytics expert, you will be designing, developing & implementing best-in-class analytic solutions for the Products Team & other internal stakeholders
- You will develop & implement BI/reporting & analytics solutions for key initiatives in Europe & the ongoing strategy development
- You will support & challenge Product market leaders / owners as required on specific initiatives - collaborate with internal partners to understand business requirements & desired outcomes
- You will be expected to drive / setup / support measurement activity for central pilots - define detailed analytic scope & methodology & creating analytics plan
- Proficiently execute simple to complex analytics projects
- Work with the Products Analytics Lead to execute on the analytics plan & deliverables with appropriate data mining & analytics techniques
- Deliver business-centric insights through visualization & storyboarding
- Perform quality assurance on data & deliverables
- Ensure project delivery within timelines & budget requirements
- Support the Products Analytics Lead build out the broader Products team's analytical skills
- Enhance existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology & best practices in the analytics field & bring best practices from other areas of analytics
What we're after
- Proven analytics experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of data, market intelligence, & business intelligence tools
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate new techniques to solve business problems
- Experience in presenting ideas & analysis to stakeholders
- Strong SQL for data processing in doing segmentation & modelling. Knowledge of R, SPSS & SAS experience would be good to have. Strong knowledge of at least one business intelligence tools like QlikView, Tableau, Business Objects & MicroStrategy.
- Hands on Hadoop framework, including key tools like Python & Hive experience is an advantage
- Hands on experience / comfort in processing extremely large data sets.
- Strong business acumen with ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, & flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detailed oriented, expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity & strive to continually learn
- Understanding of the Payments & Banking Industry is a plus
- Deep knowledge of data mining & statistical modelling (e.g. Predictive modelling, Cluster analysis, CHAID, etc.)
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.