Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
Impact Youll Own:
- Coordinate shipping & receiving functions at the facility.
- Manage dock organization & shipping supplies.
- Retain & scan documentation, send communications to employees.
- Schedule pick-ups with vendors & monitor shipments in transit.
- Coordinate most cost-effective means to ship freight within expected requirements.
- Correctly labeling hazardous materials & providing DG paperwork to vendors.
- Provide all required shipping documentation (BOLs, Ocean Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoices, etc.) for import & export functions.
- Process & correct miscellaneous shipment cost issues.
- Build & grow relationships with internal customers & vendors.
What You Bring:
- High school/GED, Bachelors or Associate degree or equivalent experience & evidence of exceptional ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite. Excel critical to role, but not to hire.
- Experience with International shipping (Commercial Invoices, AES filing)
- Dangerous goods trained or certified, preferred
- Attention to detail & well organized
- Strong time management skills & communication skills (written & oral)
- Ability to work well with others & work well with deadlines
- Understanding of transportation limitations & regulations
- Flexible schedule (may work some off hours)
- Remarkable problem solving skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays & regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing safe & empowering spaces for connection & mentorship
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.