Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a German-speaking Sales Development Representative to help build the top of the sales funnel that will help fuel our Sales organization. You will grow our business by reaching the right people at the right companies at the right time & then setting up these valuable opportunities for our sales team to close. You excel in high-energy environments & relish dealing with all the challenges that growth creates. You understand outbound sales prospecting across segments & a focus on improving the process of prospecting & lead generation. You must be located in London, England for this role.
- Qualify & develop inbound & outbound sales leads, delivering high-quality, qualified leads to our sales team.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to build regular sales campaigns & systematically improve the lead qualification processes.
- Consistently produce a high level of outbound prospecting activity.
- Run email campaigns to produce new sales prospects.
- Analyze industry trends & segments to create new sources of qualified leads.
- Utilize CRM system to track activity & manage sales opportunities.
- Meet quarterly & annual qualified opportunity goals.
- Maintain an up to date technical understanding of products, solutions, & business value propositions.
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & become proficient in the product. We believe that it is necessary for you to build this foundation so you can successfully grasp Cockroach Labs' sales strategy. Upon completion of your first month, you will have the ability to manage & develop inbound leads effectively.
After 60 days, you'll manage inbound leads & create campaigns for continued engagement. After 90 days, you will be generating qualified pipeline for the sales team & hitting or exceeding your targets.
- 1-2 years previous Lead Generation or Sales Development experience.
- Fluency in German, both written & verbal.
- Experience collaborating & developing positive business relationships.
- Worked with deadlines, effectively managing time & prioritizing tasks.
- Gathered & used data to inform & persuade others.
- Developed compelling strategies that meet targets.
- Experience with CRM-related tools (i.e. Salesforce.com) & lead qualification-related applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, & communication skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in related field.
James Nolan - Manager, Sales Development EMEA
James has successful experience of scaling teams from scratch through hyper-growth. Consistently delivering high-performance with organisations that have completed IPO status, or acquisition. From starting as an SDR himself, then transitioning into numerous Leadership roles James brings the correct balance of understanding what competencies are required to achieve results as an SDR, whilst driving individuals to evolve their career into the desired path. James believes that Sales Development is one of the most important functions in the company as the tip of the spear for the sales team. Outside of work, James spends time with his family, taking his dog for walks, & watching lots of sports!
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.