BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The BuzzFeed Design team is hiring for a talented & ambitious interactive graphic designer comfortable working within the Ceros platform for a full-time freelance position through the end of 2021. We are looking for an experienced designer with the ability to execute unique solutions that fulfill client briefs & consistently push creative boundaries.
This position is based either in our Los Angeles or New York office. We offer competitive compensation, not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks & drinks to special events & screenings.
- Help to develop compelling interactive content that satisfies the strategic objectives for clients across a broad range of industries & use cases.
- Assist Art Directors on defining the visual direction for a wide variety of client projects.
- Collaborate with project managers, strategists, & producers to come up with the best visual solutions to fulfill clients strategic needs.
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest creative standards, & adhere to interactive best practices.
- 2-3 years of experience specializing in interactive & visual design (agency experience a plus).
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Previous experience working within the Ceros platform.
- Understanding of design principles & how to apply them.
- Knowledge of interactive design & user-centered experience design, including the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, & layout.
- Working knowledge of animations & motion graphics a plus.
- The ability to both work autonomously & collaborate as a team.
- Excellent organizational skills; an ability to multi-task & work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills & a talent for collaboration.
- A link to a portfolio site of your recent design & interactive work. No PDFs or dropbox links please!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation & benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.