The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer: Automation & Assembly Systems has overall responsibility for the development of automation & assembly systems, from concept design through launch. The successful candidate will research, develop, benchmark, & recommend state-of-the-art automation & assembly processes, internally & in conjunction with OEMs, integrators, etc. The (AME) will develop & gather technical requirements, participate in DFA efforts, create process & equipment SORs & specifications, perform detailed cost calculations, create/manage project timelines, & oversee equipment FAT, SAT, launch & running changes.
- Serve as the engineering lead in a cross-functional automation & assembly system engineering team
- Write equipment specifications, SORs for new or modified equipment and/or obtaining agreement on specifications of equipment
- Provide technical factory support, continuous improvement ideas, & other duties as assigned
- Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, equipment install, startup, debug experience
- CapEx development & proposal: ROI, make-vs-buy, IRR, & payback analysis
- Development of DFMEA, PFMEA, & control plans
- Create Work/Maintenance Instructions, Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping
- Solid project management experience. Lead process & project status reviews
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes (CNC, Injection Molding, Casting, Stamping, Welding, etc.)
- Management of large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
- Domestic & international travel required: 30% or more as needed by the business
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years automation & assembly systems development experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment (concept through high-volume production)
- 5+ years high-volume consumer product assembly automation experience
- Expert level knowledge of automation systems (PLC, HMI, vision, robotics, fastening networking, RFID, MES, MRP, ERP, etc.; Recognized Automation/Assembly System SME
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience with supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, PO process
- Experience managing OEMs, through equipment procurement & development process
- Knowledge of MSDS, OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, ANSI etc.
- Knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance stack analysis
- Use of Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheets, SAP applications
- Expert level CAD/CAM knowledge/user of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Ability to create & interpret component, assembly, equipment drawings (schematics)
- Knowledge of IoT, AI, AR, VR, predictive maintenance, etc.
- RIA, AIA, GCCS, etc. certified preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.