Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
The Marketing organization at Twilio is looking for a creative self-starter to drive marketing content & localization in the APJ. This position is perfect for a strategic planner & stellar executor who has a very good understanding of the regional & Japanese market, is experienced in driving regional localization & digital marketing programs while understanding how to drive awareness & consideration across all stages of the buying journey. The ideal candidate thrives in a very fast paced environment & is a meticulous planner & effective multi-tasker who is willing to roll up your sleeves, & regularly work outside of your comfort zone.
Twilio is looking for a self starter who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of driving towards assigned targets or goals.
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese & English
- 7+ years experience in a marcomm, digital marketing or marketing campaigns/ program role & a track record of working directly with a sales organization.
- In-depth understanding of the Japan region & the customers, & is familiar with localization efforts & content creation
- Prior experience in managing websites & develop messaging, SEO strategies & driving digital & social media campaigns
- Experience in web development, with a focus on communication platforms & other web technologies.
- Strong writer & content creator
- Strong command of the digital & social media channels.
- Experience working with creative teams & a solid understanding of the creative process.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, & interpersonal skills (verbal/presentation/written).
- An effective & meticulous planner
- Strong leadership capabilities to advise on goal setting, vision, & resource planning to teams working through complex programs & launches.
- Proven track record working with cross functional teams & across regional & international teams
- Ability to use Marketing tools (e.g. MS Office Suite, AirTable, Keynote, Google docs, etc.). Experience with Marketo & Salesforce is a +.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
As the Marketing Programs Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify, plan & execute superbly new ideas to drive towards our goals & improve outcomes
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership to lead or assist in marketing programs, regional initiatives & anything under your charge
- BE BOLD: Unafraid to try something new & take calculated risks
- WRITE IT DOWN: Plan meticulously, putting it down in writing to collaborate with stakeholders
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio in the Asia Pacific region & Globally.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Always honest, earnest & acting in a direct & transparent way.
The Asia Pacific & Japan Marketing team works closely with regional sales leadership, global cross functional teams to support Twilio's continued growth in the region.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tokyo office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.