Global Controller New York City Based
Who we are
DoubleVerify is the leading independent provider of marketing measurement software, data & analytics that authenticates the quality & effectiveness of digital media for the world's largest brands & media platforms. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem, helping to build a better industry. Learn more atwww.doubleverify.com.
What youll do
The Controller will report to the Senior Vice President of Finance & have oversight & overall responsibility for the financial management & financial reporting of the company. The Controller will have day-to-day responsibility for all accounting related activities of the company including billing & collections, , as well as monthly, quarterly & year-end closes, lead audit activity & be a member of the senior finance management team.
The controller will work closely with the senior finance leadership team including the Vice President of FP&A & the Director of Tax to ensure accurate, timely reporting to the Senior Management Team & the Board of Directors through quantitative & qualitative analysis & strategic decision making.
Management & Leadership:
- Direct responsibility for all accounting systems & functions
- Mentor & develop direct reports, manage work allocation, train, resolve problems & perform evaluations
- Design, establish & maintain organizational structure & staffing to effectively accomplish individual, department & company goals & objectives
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the Accounting department
Accounting, Admin & Compliance:
- Oversee & implement effective internal controls; ensure the Company maintains compliance with GAAP & applicable federal, state & local regulatory laws & rules for financial & tax reporting
- Develop & refine the Companys accounting policies & procedures, & oversee internal audits to ensure effective implementation
- Assisted by the Assistant Controllers, oversee the monthly accounting close function & review associated work papers & statements
- Provide management oversight & direction for the Companys Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable functions
- Supervise cash management activities including the review of timely collections of receivables, Positive Pay activities, timely funding of payroll & vendor disbursements & review of cash balances for adequacy & fund transfer recommendations
- Ensure successful completion of the Companys financial audits, tax returns, & regulatory filings
- Conduct analytical reviews of the Companys operation from a balance sheet, income statement, & cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective
- Assist in the Companys budgeting & planning process.
- Review all financial plans & compare to actual & prior year results with a view to identify, explain & correct variances as appropriate
Who you are
- BS in Accounting; CPA or CMA preferred
- 8-10 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in tech or advertising industry
- Strong understanding of US GAAP; prior leadership role in financial audits
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance & accounting software packages