Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a Group Product Manager for new product development!
Booking.com is the worlds leading accommodation site, but boasts a small, start-up feel. Whatever you want to do, whenever you want to go, you can book it with us, thats our vision. With over 1 million room nights booked every day in our 1.5+ million accommodations worldwide, our mission is to empower people to experience the world. As our business is constantly growing, we are looking for a Group Product Manager to join our team, impact our users on a daily basis & take our product to the next level.
As a Group Product Manager for Marketplace, you will be working on the new platform that brings together all the new verticals for booking together in a seamless manner. Building the foundations for the future, this role requires strategic vision & deep technical skills in building out services that will be used by businesses to fast track their growth. Requiring a deep understanding of product, business, technology & data science this role will challenge you to think big & execute flawlessly in one the strategic bets for the company.
- Take full ownership defining the roadmap & work with Engineers & Data Scientists on building out the set of services & features for the platform.
- Collaborate with other PMs to understand their product needs & build future proof solutions for Booking.com.
- Explore new technology areas or collaborations that can act as growth multipliers for businesses
- Influence decisions of multiple teams, build a strategic roadmap of early adopters & iterate on core services.
Who you are:
- A big thinker who thrives on ambiguity & is able to look beyond today to build for tomorrow
- Deep understanding of technology, business & product so that you can act as a leader on the best way to solve problems
- Problem solver who is not afraid of taking on the biggest challenges in the travel industry & break them into products that bring value to customers & Booking.com.
- A great communicator who is able to engage across all levels & functions - from working with senior leaders on strategy to discussing scaling & APIs with Engineers
- Understand that new product development can be an emotional roller coaster & delayed gratification only comes with great perseverance.
- On top of new technologies like machine learning & other tools that can unlock some of the bigger opportunities for technology companies.
- Data-driven; base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, & motivational to others.
- Open to diversity in all shapes & sizes.
- 8+ years of experience working with web-based companies.
- Experience with B2B marketplace products.
- Technical background with experience building API-based products.
- Autonomous on data querying & analysis.
- Previous involvement in new product development or a startup environment.
- Knowledge & experience in UX design is a plus.
- Computer Science background or experience building technical products is a plus.