Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
As the Manager of Strategy & Operations your work will be divided into two broad themes: the air game & the ground game. The air game will see you help shape company direction aggregating different sources of information. The ground game will involve you helping different teams commission & execute meaningful projects for meaningful customer & business impact. You will be part of a team working on a myriad of problems leading exciting projects from entering new markets, to launching new businesses to developing company processes.
If you want to be part of a journey that impacts tens of millions of people & helps them lead better lives, join us!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Drive near-term & long-term business strategy leveraging external market trends, competitor performance & internal user data
- Drive decision making around investments in existing business lines & new initiatives
- Be the source of external market & competitor knowledge for the team, by disseminating knowledge & insights across the company
- Dive deep into helping different departments & teams shape their specific roadmaps & strategies
- Run internal OKRs & goal-setting processes
- Drive quarterly business reviews for assessment of business performance
- Lead annual strategy & planning processes
- Serve as a key stakeholder to drive any potential Corporate Development opportunities
- Work on ad-hoc special projects, internal operations & processes as we scale from a 150 person company to 500 over the next 2 years
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 6+ years of experience working across tech, consulting, financial services or related experience
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- 2+ years in the B2B SaaS space
- A knack for solving problems: breaking down complex situations into smaller pieces & actionable insights
- A learning mindset: you get excited about uncharted territory & no task is outside your wheelhouse
- An owners mindset: you like responsibility, owning things & seeing them through to results
- Team spirit: you enjoy working with people across levels & job functions, valuing diverse perspectives & bringing everyone together for a common goal
- The ability to think about the big picture along with the ability to dig deep into detail at the same time
- Strong quantitative & qualitative analytical skills
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- A background in engineering, computer science or data science
- Experience working at growth or late-stage tech startups
- Experience working in the Education, Education Technology or Skill Development space
- An MBA or similar graduate degree
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.