Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- Wefund $600 millionin home loans per month
- Nearly$5 billion in loans fundedsince our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of CrainsBest Places to work
- Were#11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And#964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over$254 millionfrom our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
The Real Estate Team at Better is responsible for identifying ways to simplify the home buying journey by creating seamless real estate agent interaction & providing customer support for home discovery. We are a new team with Better & are looking for entrepreneurs with strong operational capabilities, business acumen & a get stuff done mentality.
As part of a newly launched pilot program,the Showing Specialist will be a member of an internal team of Licensed Real Estate Agents. Your role will involve showing properties to potential buyers & to provide the framework for Betters customer-centric approach throughout the home buying process & build strong relationships with our clients. This position allows you the opportunity to build on your communication & relationship building skills while working directly with our customers & cross-functionally within the different departments of the Real Estate Team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Show properties to interested buyers & guide them through their home buying process
- Work with Real Estate Customer Experience Analysts to build a pipeline of customers
- Providing the best customer experience possible
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you
- 1-2 years of experience working as a licensed Real Estate Agent
- Must be a licensed real estate agent in New Jersey or New York, New Jersey license preferred
- Must be in good standing with the local Realtor board, or possess the ability to immediately move your license
- Bachelors degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelors program
- Flexible schedule required, including weekend availability
- Valid driver's license preferred
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically & problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity & work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity.Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness.Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness.No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion.If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street.We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion.You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication.Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building.Doing. Making.Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.