Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Manager to join our Market P&L team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Market P+L teams manage the growth & business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
Within the P&L group, the Vendor/Ancillary team manages relationships with delegated vendors across multiple clinical categories (dental, vision, MA supplemental benefits) & products (MA, individual, small group).
You will oversee the business operations & relationship management for a group of core delegated partners & daily project management & process improvement.
You will report into the Senior Manager, Vendor Partnerships.
- Be the expert for your clinical categories & vendor operations. Be audible ready on the network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms (e.g. exclusivity), regulatory mandates & how these aspects impact growth, profitability, & risk for Oscar
- Become the go-to individual for important delegated partner contacts on all things network operations including data integrations & other partnership programs
- Work with partner contacts on insurance operations like claims, utilization management, & network adequacy, driving discussions & looping in Oscar experts
- Partner with other teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams to achieve results for essential strategic plans for you categories
- Oversee short-term & long-term partner performance against targets & report findings out to Oscar team members
- Understand the important data & reports from your delegated network partners & work with our team to identify trends that could be used to improve these partnerships
- Help implement improvement opportunities to further develop & scale delegated partner operations
- Identify opportunities to reduce unnecessary costs Or improve member experience through contracting programs, operational improvements, or otherwise
- Develop an understanding of your delegated partners & the markets they operate in
- 4+ years experience with vendor management in the healthcare industry
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Experience managing complex projects with several partners
- Experience improving processes & workflows
- Experience working with dental & vision insurance products
- Familiar with healthcare markets & regulations
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.