As Appians Solutions business grows, we have a need for a research analyst to work with our Solutions Owners on a variety of analytical tasks related to current & potential markets. While the majority of the work will be on projects related to software markets, there will also be internal projects related to the selling & marketing effectiveness of our existing solutions.
Research, gather & analyze data including preferences, needs, buying habits, pricing, partner dynamics, market sizing & competitive positioning to assist the Solutions department in determining which solutions to build & how to evolve our existing solutions to meet changing market needs. Sources include but are not limited to websites, databases, interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, market analysis surveys, polls, & literature reviews.
- Gather data on buyers, competitors, & market conditions
- Devise & evaluate methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires, & polls
- Convert complex data & findings into understandable tables, graphs, & written reports
- Prepare reports & present results to the Solutions team & other internal stakeholders
- Analyze data using statistical software
- Monitor & forecast marketing & sales trends
- Work alongside our competitive intelligence & analyst relations teams to leverage their expertise
- No direct supervisory responsibility at this time
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to effectively manage & prioritize multiple projects
- Superior communication skills, both written & verbal, including the ability to develop concise & effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills including use of Google Drive, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Tableau
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
The ideal candidate will have a background in economics, commerce or strategy & a demonstrated interest in analysis, writing, statistics & markets. We are open to entry-level candidates, but will also consider more experienced candidates
Minimum Education, Training, & Certifications:
Bachelors Degree or equivalent required
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
- Work hours may include weekend & evening
- Typical office environment with access to laptop, cell phone, Wifi, etc.
- Preferably located in the McLean (HQ) office
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate & transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting & enhancing legacy applications all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.