About the role: The culinary elements during service is the key to our successful, high-growth vegetable forward operation, & you are responsible for maintaining high standards. You will use your strong culinary skills & love of food to execute high quality, sophisticated dishes. You will follow recipes, taste, & collaborate on execution methods all while running an impeccable station in a fast-paced environment. Our line cooks act as an integral team member during shifts & will oversee our restaurants service.
Compensation: Full-time position; $18-20/hour, based on experience
- Afternoon & evening shifts available
- Manage your prep list & communicate with the R&D Chef on food inventory, ensuring your walk-in is fully-stocked & organized
- Properly execute our rotating menu
- Own restaurant cleanliness by setting up the opening shift for success & closing with confidence that the operations is prepared for the next day
- Follow Dig Inn & health department standards
- Stand & walk for extended periods of time
- Work with a multifaceted environment, communicating with your peers to ensure culinary excellence at all points of the shift
- Demonstrate professional maturity
- Have the opportunity to influence our menu as we continue to elevate our service
- 2+ years of line cook experience in a fast-paced, full-service, & upper-scale dining restaurant
- An appreciation for the people you work with
- The ability to execute an exceedingly strong work ethic
- Skills to effectively communicate with your team
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves & pitch in whenever necessary
- Food Safety Certification, preferred
- A passion for real, good food
Work Perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive pay) we also offer:
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary Dig Inn lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 20 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms.
The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food.
And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.