WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection & style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, BaubleBar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, & multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Companys original guiding mission still rings true today fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
Baublebar is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded leader with a passion for the product creation process. The Vice President of Product Development will manage a team & work closely with the Design, Merchandising, & Production & Sourcing teams to provide leadership in conceiving, developing, managing & delivering products that meet BaubleBars standards for design. You are accountable for on time delivery of all product development projects spanning multiple brands & product categories (jewelry, accessories, handbags). You are responsible for working closely with merchandising to establish the right balance of quality standards in relationship to cost.
The Vice President of Product Development is an expert in manufacturing processes, product engineering, trade regulations, production cycle timelines, material performance, & sample construction. This role must develop processes for cross functional team dependencies. We are seeking someone who has a detailed understanding of jewelry & accessories composition & construction.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable working within a start-up environment & be familiar with all elements of the below outlined responsibilities, both as a thinker & a doer. You must be comfortable building a business & scaling beyond the expectations. Youre able to change the thinking & behavior of others without generating resentment. Efficient, creative, strategic, rigorous & resourceful are all key traits that will make the candidate successful.
This position reports to the EVP/Chief Sourcing Officer.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Able to manage multi brand & category PD team for meeting calendar deadlines to ensure that products are delivered on time & within gross profit goals.
- Create & communicate the vision for strategic allocation & style development, leveraging key suppliers.
- Take a wholehearted ownership the execution of new product & innovation ideas.
- Develop rapport & credibility with leadership & guide team in developing internal & external relationships.
- Responsible for meeting design, function, & quality goals which ladder up to the merchandising strategy, driving revenue for the company.
- Work hand-in-hand with the R&D department on material & capability explorations across a variety of price points & brand identities.
- Use industry knowledge & foresight to drive corporate goals & initiatives.
- Manage development calendar & ensure that the team is meeting the required deadlines with accuracy & efficiency.
- Management of all direct reports & administrative responsibilities relating to direct reports, demonstrating strong leadership skills.
- Lead the product development team through the execution & maintenance of the factory sourcing & allocation strategy.
- Constantly evaluate & support evolution of the product development process through education of development team & process change.
- Work closely with the production team to manage & resolve issues that arise in capacity, quality, manufacturing, & delivery.
- Lead the weekly product review meetings & speak effectively to value, cost, outcome, & specifications of all product.
- Manage a very sku intensive development catalog with the ability to quickly recall similar previous product costs & constructions & use past knowledge to evolve future designs.
- Reviews product direction & financial plan strategies; Proposes Production strategy to support Product direction & financial plan strategies.
- Make recommendations to leverage cost savings across departments & categories.
- Collaborate with merchandising, design, production to develop hindsight reports & learning strategies.
- Review initial cost & sample placement strategy with category managers & recommend alternatives.
- Validate seasonal hindsight of category managers.
- Align with CSO on vendor & regional forecasts.
- Review category department plans to proactively identify issues.
- Ability to review PO placements to identify product mix opportunities, cost saving opportunities, & execution improvements.
- Initiate requirements & protocol for new vendors, help with on-boarding of these vendors.
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience, MBA preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in product development in jewelry and/or accessories.
- Exceptionally strong problem solving & negotiating skills.
- Thorough understanding of jewelry & accessories product cost & how to build product to meet cost goals.
- Effective & persuasive speaking abilities.
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision & direction to direct reports & peers.
- Demonstrated experience in managing product gross margin & operating expense.
- Strong Excel knowledge.
- Excellent eye for design & construction detail.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, & thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Exceptionally strong troubleshooting & solution seeking.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced setting.
- Strong quantitative, verbal & written communication skills.