Core Experience is focused on making TripAdvisor a habit for our travelers. Helping the people who come to TripAdvisor find & become part of a community of travelers with similar interests. The team focuses on growing membership as well as bringing travelers a personalized travel journey.
TripAdvisor is seeking a passionate Analyst to own data-driven insights & reporting for its Brand Marketing, specifically working with the Paid MediaTeam. Success in this role means you have strong analytic capability & believe that data analysis is the best way to build a successful brand & business. You also believe that an analysts job is to guide the brand marketing & communications roadmap - not just run the numbers or supply reports to teams.
As an Analyst, well count on you to design, & implement statistical analyses & best practices related to data design, & contribute directly to the prioritization of the marketing & communications efforts for TripAdvisor. This role is for someone who has worked closely with marketing, media, or insights teams in the past & is interested in using data to drive impactful brand & communications decisions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop & implement full-funnel (awareness, consideration, & conversion) measurement methodologies & models
- Build strong relationships with our media agencies & internal key media stakeholders
- Develop new data sources or ETL processes, improving efficiencies through automation, championing new tools, or delivering insightful ad hoc analysis that supports our brand & business as it evolves.
- Define metrics that matter for on-site campaigns, distill these into easy-to-understand KPIs, & create both custom reports & automated dashboards to help the team understand & optimize performance.
- Support overall brand measurement through analysis & reporting of brand health tracking survey tools.
What We Seek:
- 3-8 years of experience as an analyst for an online consumer transactional business.
- Hands-on experience working with very large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, & data cleansing/transformation.
- Experience with SQL & working with databases is a must. Snowflake is desirable
- Experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools).
- Fluency in additional data manipulation languages is a plus (Python, R etc.).
- Able to take in loose requirements, ask the right questions, & produce high-quality, actionable insights for stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills, including the ability to combine creative use of insight & data with attention to detail.
- Experience building strong relationships with internal teams & external partners
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen, & deliver clear concise insight that can be digested in a minimum amount of time.
- Adaptive to change & confident in learning new tools & technologies TripAdvisor is a fast-paced environment where products & processes evolve rapidly.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline; Masters degree a plus.