Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimp cares deeply about security & has dedicated, skilled security staff across several teams. We build security awareness into our processes & it is a fundamental part of company-wide training. We are constantly striving to build security into every system & product we produce while responding fiercely to all security threats against the company.
Are you seeking a dynamic position in security where you will positively impact both your peers & Mailchimp customers? If so, you might be the right person to fill the Principal Security Engineer role on our team. Our approach to security is a competitive advantage; as the company continues to grow those efforts require additional coordination & alignment with company strategy.
You will contribute directly to our security capabilities while also fitting our various security roadmaps & initiatives into an overall company posture. You can communicate effectively both upwards to our management team & across our engineering team. You love helping others balance the need to be secure with being pragmatic about getting features released to our customers. You prefer using tried & true technologies to solve interesting new problems, but you know that favoring older technologies doesn't imply letting your skillset stagnate.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with our CISO & others to contribute to our overall security strategy.
- Work with our Chief Architect & other Principal & Staff Engineers to set the technical direction of the company.
- Work with our security team to define the technical security roadmap to support the company strategy & policies & the technical direction of the company.
- Lead and/or support the technical projects supporting our roadmaps.
- Participate in engineering/product planning, ensuring roadmaps & projects support the overall security strategy for the company.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies & requirements, researching information security standards, conducting system security & vulnerability analyses & risk assessments, studying architecture/platform, & identifying integration issues.
- Identify security gaps in products, system architecture & processes, & evaluate & implement enhancements.
- Implement security systems by defining methodologies & solutions, & collaborating on installation & tuning.
- Mentor & train others.
- Contribute to engineering work, research, & investigation.
- Serve as a high level incident commander, connecting teams & resources, during security-related research & events.
- Assist with regulatory compliance & help ensure all related processes, documentation, & controls are followed & maintained rigorously.
- Maintain & work with high level contacts in industry, academia, & law enforcement.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- 10 or more years of senior level technical experience in the security industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to organize complicated, technical projects.
- An extreme attention to detail & a role model for high standards.
- Deep hands on technical expertise around building & maintaining secure products & companies.
- Broad knowledge of techniques, tooling, threat models, & products spanning all aspects of security at a technology company including high end network & carrier considerations.
- Broad knowledge of security disciplines such as vulnerability assessment/management, intrusion detection & prevention systems, access control, secure system architecture, secure software development, etc.
- CISSP preferred.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Clickhereto find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.