Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing & other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date. Were backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
Were hiring a Senior Product Designer for our Member/Admin Portal product team. You will help us build products that transform the way consumers pay for their purchases & help retailers grow their businesses. As a Senior Product Designer at Bread, youll launch features that generate measurable impact while also helping us level-up our craft. For example working closely with a cross-functional team to evolve our Member Portal to provide a more user-centric experience for our customers to manage their accounts, as well as innovating on new features that provide long term pay-over-time solutions. Youll be part of a close-knit Product & Design team that plays an important role in shaping the future of Bread.
Your role at Bread
- Be instrumental in improving the efficiency of the Product Design, & in ensuring your team maintains its high business impact
- Support the Director of Design & other key stakeholders in driving the design direction for the Product
- Produce top-notch work that injects usability & delight into the user experience, as we continue to push the boundaries of modern UX
- Create exemplary prototypes & experiences, both alone & with other designers & key stakeholders, while balancing user needs, constraints of technology, brand values, & KPIs
- Provide your UX expertise & collaborate closely with our user researcher in discovering user pain points & problems, & solve them using all available UX methodologies & tools
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating your end-to-end process
- Strong sense of curiosity & desire to represent the voice of our customers
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management & engineering to develop & implement effective design practices
- An appetite for experimentation, learning, & iteration with a data-centric approach to testing ideas
- Extensive knowledge of design-related tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, etc.
- Can hold your own in a meeting & present with a customer-centric POV
- Are self-motivated & able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working on both B2B & B2C products
- Leading, coaching, and/or mentoring of other designers (not necessarily in a management capacity)
Nice to have:
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors or a related discipline
- Financial services and/or payment services experience