Dots is a young gaming company with three mobile hits so far (Dot, TwoDots, & Dots & Co), & over 100 million installs. We're a young studio staffed by multi-talented game-makers - passionate about games, committed to beautiful design & dedicated to growing & supporting our staff.
For this role we're looking for a junior game designer with a passion for puzzle games & a strong desire to pursue a career in game design. This role is full-time & based in our NYC office.
The ideal candidate has experience designing & playtesting game levels or content, & is familiar with current mobile game mechanics & systems. Familiarity with Unity or other game creation software is beneficial but not essential - we're primarily looking for strong design insight & a hunger for learning.
The junior game designer will perform general level design tasks, manage level testing, & help manage content updates & player feedback.
To apply for this job, please send a pen-and-paper level design for a Two Dots level, with an accompanying description of what makes it good to play. Please design your level around existing Two Dots game rules & mechanics only. Don't invent anything new!
- Building levels & events for Two Dots & other games as needed
- Writing specs for new mechanics, as required by the Lead Game Designer/Game Director
- Managing playtesting sessions & collating feedback
- Monitoring playtest data & player feedback
- Strong passion & knowledge of video games, particularly puzzle games & current mobile free-to-play titles.
- Good sense for what makes a game or level fun to play & the ability to articulate that to others
- Strong written, verbal & visual communication skills
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Ability to take direction & work well in a team environment
- United States work visa
Dots is committed to creating a respectful, collaborative working environment. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants & teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, medical condition, marital, parental or registered domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, transgender status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We enjoy working with diverse teammates from all backgrounds & encourage all to apply.