Sr. Software Engineer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save & invest every day. We are transforming the category & recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking experienced software engineers for our Experience team who have a passion for building robust, scalable, software & systems for customer focused financial products, love learning new technologies on the job, think creatively to solve complex problems, & enjoy working collaboratively.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision & values, please apply.
- You will lead key web service development with a focus on availability, latency, & capacity
- You will own all aspects of the code you produce including unit tests, automated tests, & operational support
- You will create service designs & lead architectural reviews.
- You will lead the operational health of Investment web services & drive continuous improvement in the alit of the services you own.
Who You Are:
- You are objective, empathetic, passionate & curious
- You have an understanding of the complete software development lifecycle
- You enjoy thinking of the customer first when writing code
- You have strong analytical & problem solving skills
- You actively invest in keeping up with current best practices & new technologies
- You insist on quality & you know what it means to ship high quality code
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 6-10+ years of relevant experience building & supporting production software
- Expertise with SQL or NoSQL solutions
- Experience leading API design & implementation (REST/GraphQL)
- Strong understanding of object oriented & functional programming paradigms
- Expertise in a major, dynamically typed, programming language
- Strong understanding of algorithms, time complexity, data structures & design patterns
- Strong track record of good software engineering practices such as code reviews, deep focus on quality & documentation
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive & precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you & your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented & motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission & our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases & automatically Invest the Change into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard & BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father & son team Walter & Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence & courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity & inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company & culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way