Technical Support Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Customer Interfaces team, supporting our customers use of our Console platform, & help customers manage their Twilio products, services, & accounts. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers & partners, & operate as a subject matter expert for Twilios customer interfaces.
Twilio is looking for a customer focused Technical Support Engineer with demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer or technical support. We seek someone with:
- 2+ years experience in a Customer Support role
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- A high competency with communicating internally & externally
- Proficient problem solver & troubleshooter
- Leverages customer feedback to identify & drive improvements in our customer interfaces
- Strong experience interacting & collaborating with other departments while searching for the solutions our customers need
- Experience & interest in working cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management, & Sales, & sometimes with similar cross functional teams from partner organizations
- Demonstrated desire to understand customer trends, & document & report those trends to continue to improve our support process
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, & are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes & procedures
- Ability to remain calm & effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization & evaluation of situational urgency
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Help our customers to use our Console interface & helping them with questions related to their account configurations, billing issues, ensuring that they are able to understand & get the most out of their Twilio experience.
- Using your strong diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide feedback
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize customer interactions to expedite urgent customer needs
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects
- WRITE IT DOWN: Spend time reviewing & contributing to our internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts & standards
- Work to surface & document customer pain points to assist in process improvement
- DON'T SETTLE: We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, & this position may require working EMEA/APAC shifts, & covering the weekend (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team & customer needs).
The support team is vital to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with engineering & product to ensure that Twilio products are effectively supporting our customers businesses.
Twilios platform empowers the worlds developers with tools for building cutting-edge communications applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring their success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position can be based out of our RMZ World office along Outer Ring Road in Bangalore. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.