WHO WE ARE
The tech team builds the systems & apps that communicate with our customers, warehouses, customer service, payment providers, & more. In short, we create & manage the systems that keep the business running and, more importantly, make dogs happy. We work collaboratively (no such thing as a dumb question) & scientifically (test & measure whenever we can), while taking the work--but not ourselves--too seriously. We generally work on squads of engineers, product designers, data analysts, QA & product management. We also work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to get things done. We see technology as a means to an end; we love solving problems & making the most of our time!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
First & foremost, you are an awesome communicator. You have a gift for keeping the ball rolling, getting everyone coordinated, & making sure each team is set up for success within the broader context of the organizations goals. Your personal brand is energy & forward movement, but you have a good head on your shoulders & keep calm under pressure. Dogs play a key role in all of this.
- Ensure a cohesive & coordinated approach to organizational initiatives.
- Identify gaps & dependencies between teams, working closely with product managers, directors, & VPs to achieve alignment.
- Schedule & attend key cross-functional meetings, keep notes, assign tasks, & send follow-ups to ensure decisions & action items are clear.
- Collect, analyze, & refine status updates & plans from data, platform, & product teams.
- Write briefs to summarize projects, results, & next steps for executives.
- Understand & clearly communicate strategic goals relating to the tech team across BARK.
- Manage technical projects within Data Science & Analytics, plus projects that span multiple tech teams/squads.
- Keep roadmap documents & other general tech resources clear & up to date, & assist the CTO & tech VPs in medium- & long-term planning.
- 2+ years of experience working in an executive-facing role, coordinating large cross-functional projects to successful completion.
- Experience translating between technical & business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to get results in a startup environment.
- Experience managing multiple work streams under compressed timeframes.
- Experience implementing operational processes.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in liberal arts or technology.
- Comfortable using task-tracking / project management tools such as Jira, Asana, Trello, etc (we use Clubhouse).
- Skilled at creating & maintaining flowcharts, gant charts, etc.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in Google Presentations, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Calendar, & other GSuite tools.
This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.