We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa?
If Vacasas incredible growth didnt make it obvious, were good at what we do. Were people people. We think on our feet & respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, & talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What were looking for
We are currently building out a Special Projects sales group to help us target various opportunities across the US. If you are a skilled sales professional with experience selling in a remote environment, this may be the perfect role for you. As Sales Development Representative, you will be a key player in helping us grow our short-term vacation rental inventory. This role is responsible for the top of funnel selling cycle in delivering Vacasas property management solution to homeowners across through targeted campaigns pointed at areas of growth focus. You will have access to our prospect lists in order to activate Vacasas initial outreach campaign sequencing & engagement. In addition to this, we will be pairing each SDR with a dedicated Sales Executive that will help your prospects through the remainder of their buyers journey & into a closed won status in our portfolio. Our Special Project sales team will give us the ability to point & sell based on criteria such as seasonality, opportunity, strategic targeting, etc. This is not a dedicated territory role. This role requires flexibility & the ability to pivot quickly.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators who are comfortable contacting leads over the phone, email or via video conference, can learn & adapt quickly, are grounded in ethical business practices, & find reward in building a strong organization. Consistently meeting departmental goals while maintaining high customer satisfaction is a must. You will need to demonstrate a track record of excellence as a team player who is also self-motivated, reliable, & coachable.
What youll do
- Proactive & targeted outreach to owners of vacation homes
- Maintain strong cadences of follow-up with leads to help maximize conversion & meet goals
- Communicate the value of Vacasas services & guide owners through the initial discovery & meeting confirmations.
- Qualify leads to schedule with our sales executive partners while communicating Vacasas value to interested homeowners
- Collaborate with leadership on targeted opportunities pointed at maximum penetration & market share targets.
- Expertly manage your day-to-day through our CRM system (Hubspot) while building a strong sales pipeline
- Create strong working partnerships with teammates & cross functional partners.
- Partner with your manager & sales executives to track meeting success rate & outcome
- Actively contribute to a highly collaborative team culture
Skills youll need
- Ability to generate sales opportunities & build trust with prospects over the phone, work with other team members, & close sales
- Must be able to develop confidence with prospects & become an industry knowledgeable expert
- Grounded in ethical business practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience & education
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient, while having the willingness to seek guidance & direction as needed
- Solid computer skills including experience with G Suite & cloud computing programs
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment while positively representing the company
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both oral & written
- Ability to set & exceed aggressive individual & organizational goals
- Ability to stay focused & enthusiastic throughout a full workday on the phones
- Strong active listener with a genuine curiosity
- Patient, reliable, & professional
- Positive mindset during the unexpected & within changing environments
- Self-motivated with a passion for achieving goals
- Ability brush off rejection
Vacasa offers a flexible working environment when it comes to your schedule & location preference. For our sales reps in Portland, you will have access to our corporate office & a shared workspace. Your initial new hire as well as ongoing training sessions will be virtual. This role requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, & office equipment.
Ability to work from home & resides in one of the followings states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NH, NM, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, or WY
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- Employer Sponsored & Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
- 401K retirement savings plan with immediate 100% company match on the first 6% you contribute
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave after one year of tenure
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture
- Please visit our careers page to review our full benefits offerings